It’s been 51 years since Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his famous “I Have a Dream” speech. As one of the most inspirational speeches in history, it changed the future of our nation forever. His stirring words remain as relevant and inspiring as they were when he lived. While every American is familiar with his famous speech, many of his other inspiring quotes go unnoticed. As we celebrate this great leader next week, take some time to read his inspirational words and remember how he devoted his life to changing our country for the better.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- “We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.”
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.”
- “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.”
- “We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now.”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
- “There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
How will you unleash your dreams?