Think you’re a badass employee? Put yourself to the test – we’ve created 9 ways to ensure that you unleash your potential to be the best employee you can be:
- Get comfortable being uncomfortable – companies can no longer afford to make your life easy. The world is moving at Mach 1 and you need to move at Mach 1 plus. Tackle things that are hard and others avoid.
- Always do the right thing – all the talent and good intentions in the world can’t replace good old fashion character and integrity. The boss should never wonder.
- Multitask but be smart – multitasking is here to stay, but you should also have the awareness to focus on the task at hand. Speed without quality eventually kills. Be known as the person that follows thru at all cost. Do it now.
- Strive to be an expert – in addition to your regular duties, pick an area where you can be the go-to guy or gal. You shouldn’t expect extra pay or recognition. Do it because it provides a little extra value to the company.
- Execute better than anyone else – it’s real easy to talk, study and think about issues or problems, but execution takes initiative and drive. Move when others are waiting.
- Choose to be reliable – be there, reply quickly and be consistent in your hours, habits, and behaviors. Be known as the person who is totally committed to the mission.
- Be passionate – average people show up and go thru the motions. The badass drinks the Kool-Aid and exudes passion.
- Be a winner – make things happen and takes care of business. They say “yes” and figure out a way to make things work.
- Be a real people person – Maya Angelou once said, “when you die, people will forget what you said and what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel”.